.
News Alert
Levittown Man Charged With Manslaughter in Crash…

RVC FD Handles Dryer Fire on Merrick Road

No one was hurt in the small blaze, officials said.

A small fire started in apartment on Merrick Road early Tuesday night after the resident's laundry sparked the blaze, officials said.

According to fire officials, the Rockville Centre Fire Department responded to a smoke alert at 350 Merrick Road at 7 p.m. It was discovered that the resident's laundry had caught fire in the dryer. The RVC FD extinguished the small blaze quickly, and there were no reported injuries and little damage to the apartment.

This information was provided by Trustee Ed Oppenheimer, a volunteer in the RVC FD for more than 30 years.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »