The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook, Malverne and Nassau County Police Departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
Husband, Wife Found Dead in N. Lynbrook Home
A wife and her husband were found dead Thursday morning inside their North Lynbrook home.
Nassau County Police were called to 22A Catherine St. around 9:30 a.m. for a possible murder and suicide, however, preliminary reports from the medical examiner Thursday afternoon suggested there was no foul play.
"At this time it appears to be that we have 73-year-old female who died of natural causes and her 70-year-old husband suffered a self-inflicted gun shot wound," Nassau County Police Det. Vincent Garcia told reporters at the scene Thursday.
Click here to read more on the incident in North Lynbrook.
Protest of Lynbrook Pet Shop Leads to Arrest
A protester was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly impeding traffic at a Dec. 22 protest outside Lynbrook Shake-A-Paw.
The protest was organized by members of Long Island Orchestrating for Nature (LION) in an effort to draw attention to where Shake-A-Paw is getting its pets from.
Click here to read more on the protest.
- Gerson M. Giron, 28, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Jan. 1 at 11 a.m. and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation and equipment violation on Merrick Road in Lynbrook.
- Jerry Merchant, 18, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Jan. 1 at 7:10 p.m. and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a forged instrument at CVS located at 633 Merrick Road in Lynbrook.
- Joseph W. Keefe Jr., 25, of Lynbrook, was arrested on Jan. 3 at 2:10 p.m. and charged with petit larceny at 1 Columbus Drive in Lynbrook.
- Caesar A. Roberts, 51, of Lynbrook, was arrested on Jan. 3 at 9:50 p.m. and charged with an open warrant for false personation, aggravated unlicensed operation, unlicensed operation and insufficient stop lamps on Fenimore Street in Lynbrook.
- Saul Rodriguez, 36, of Hempstead, was arrested on Jan. 4 at 12:34 p.m. and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation, suspended registration, expired NYS inspection and expired NYS inspection (Heavy Duty) on Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook.
- Mario A. Acevedo, 28, of Far Rockaway, was arrested on Jan. 7 at 2:45 p.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated and speeding on Peninsula Boulevard in Lynbrook.
- Assault - A complainant responded to Lynbrook Police Department Headquarters on Jan. 2 at 7:30 p.m. to report that while at a social gathering on Oakland Avenue on Jan. 1 at 1:45 a.m. the complainant was assaulted by another person. The Nassau County Police Department is currently investigating the assault.
- Lost Property
- At 9:15 p.m. on Jan. 5, a complainant reports that they lost their Toshiba laptop computer in the vicinity of the Holiday Inn Express located at 1 Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook.
- At 9:05 p.m. on Jan. 7, a complainant reports that they lost their Apple iPhone in the vicinity of the 46 Stauderman Ave. in Lynbrook.
- Criminal Mischief - A complainant reported on Jan. 6 at 11:30 a.m. that an unknown person(s) damaged the rear door of 27 Watkins Place in Lynbrook. The total amount of the damage is $150.
- Grand Larceny/Criminal Mischief - At 10:07 a.m. on Jan. 7, a complainant at the Anchor Audi located at 843 Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook reported that an unknown person(s) cut the chain link fence of their storage lot. The unknown person(s) then removed four tires and rims from a 2013 Audi Q7. The total amount of tires and rims is $ 5,950.