- South Side homecoming is this Saturday. Parade line-up starts at 11:30 a.m. and the parade officially starts at noon at the railroad parking lot corner of Sunrise and Long Beach Road. Then stick around and watch the Cyclones football team take on North Shore High School at 1:30 p.m.
- If you've still got enough energy after Saturday's homecoming, head to the annual Hewitt Fair on Sunday. The fair is scheduled to run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- In case you missed it, it was a very busy Thursday in Rockville Centre. At noon, the Nassau DA's Office announced that an RVC woman had pleaded guilty to charges relating to a Craigslist scam. Around 1 p.m. the RVCPD announced the arrest of a Bloods gang member for an August shooting near Old Mill Court. Lastly, at 3:30 p.m., a single-car accident resulted in an overturned vehicle damaging multiple cars at Karp Volvo.
- We're making a serious push to hit 800 Facebook fans by the end of October. We've already made a huge jump this monthy and we're sitting less than 10 likes shy of 800. Click here for the RVC Patch Facebook page and give us a "like" if you haven't already ... and enjoy your weekends!
- There are multiple blood drives coming up in the next two weeks in Rockville Centre. South Nassau Communities Hospital is hosting an emergency drive on Oct. 18 and then Mercy Medical Center is hosting a drive on Halloween. So get out and give a little!
4,200 Hospital Patients Told to Get HIV,…
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something