- Wednesday's nor'easter pushed the South Side playoff schedule back once again, but not as much as Hurricane Sandy. The two soccer games scheduled for Thursday have been moved to Friday at the same times, while the girls volleyball game has been pushed back from 4:45 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday. Go Cyclones!
- The local community has come together over the course of the last week to help hurricane victims from towns neighboring RVC. Come back at 9 a.m. for a list of some of the organizations that have helped.
- A gas rationing system is set to go into effect Friday at 5 a.m. The temporary policy requires gas stations in both counties to sell fuel only to drivers with vehicles bearing license plate numbers that correlate in odd/even terms with the day of the month. Click here to read more on the odd-even gas policy.
- RVC residents have started sounding off on how they feel the village handled Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath. Click here to see what people are saying and let us know what you think.
- For those operating without power now and in the future, the village has urged residents to keep generators out of their homes. An Oceanside woman died earlier this week from carbon monoxide poisoning believed to have been caused by a generator in an attached garage.
Report: South Side High School Among Nation's Top …
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something