- Record: 2-2
- Summary: After a 2-0 start, the Cyclones football team has cooled off as of late, dropping to 2-2 on the season. The team started the season with wins over Sewanhaka and Floral Park before falling to Manhasset and Glen Cove. South South still has a good shot at the playoffs with its remaining four games coming against coming against four teams that have combined for a 4-12 record to this point.
- Next Game: at Carle Place (0-4); Oct. 5, 7:30 p.m.
- Record: Conference (1-2-2); Overall (4-2-2)
- Summary: Another team from South Side with a big start, only to go a little cold as of late. The Cyclones started 4-0-1 with multiple out-of-conference wins to set an early tone. Then the team dropped two consecutive league games to Wantagh and defending state champions Jericho before tying Roslyn Monday.
- Next Game: at Westbury (1-5-1); Oct. 5, 4:30 p.m.
- Note: The outcome of Wednesday's game against Garden City was not available when published.
- Record: 7-0
- Summary: How do the Lady Cyclones follow up the team's 16th state championship in school history? Winning the first seven games of the 2012 season without allowing a goal is a pretty good start. That's right, the Lady Cyclones have outscored their opponents 23-0 thus far. Keri Cavallo, Christina Klaum, Katie Ford and goalie Sarah McCarthy -- who has literally been flawless -- have led the team along with a number of other players this season. A 17th state championship might not be far off.
- Next Game: at Clarke (4-3-1); Oct. 4, 4:30 p.m.
Get updates on this story and other breaking news alerts by signing up for our newsletter. Sign-up for free here.
- Record: 6-1
- Summary: After a five-set loss to Wantagh in last year's Nassau County championship, the Lady Cyclones came flying out of the gate, winning their first six matches of 2012. They will get a rematch with Wantagh Thursday and the outcome of the game should be a pretty good indicator of whether or not the Lady Cyclones are ready to win the Nassau championship this year.
- Next Game: vs. Wantagh (5-2); Oct. 4, 4:30 p.m.
- Record: 8-0
- Summary: Another undefeated team in South Side, the girls tennis team has won an impressive 48 matches out of 57. With big 4-3 wins over Kennedy and Carey, the Lady Cyclones have put themselves in prime position for a potential county championship.
- Next Game: at Baldwin (0-7); Oct. 5, 4:30 p.m.
- Note: The outcome of Wednesday's game against Lynbrook was not available when published.
- Record: 6-0
- Summary: The Cyclones golf team's undefeated record shows most of their dominance, but not all of it. The team has barely been tested this year, winning six matches by a combined score of 49-5.
- Next Match: at Lawrence (Lawrence Country Club); Oct. 4, 3 p.m.
Do you have information you want to share about one of South Side's sports teams? Email editor Matthew Hogan at Matthew.Hogan@Patch.com.