A total of 13 South Side High School athletes recently signed the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) national letters of intent to play in colleges around the country next year.
While lacrosse dominated most of the signings, soccer, golf and volleyball were also represented.
According to the NCAA, "By signing a National Letter of Intent, a prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the designated college or university for one academic year."
There 13 athletes are:
- Cole Considine, Hofstra University, D1, Lacrosse
- Kelsey Berki, Florida Southern College, D2, Soccer
- Sean Byrne, St. John’s University, D1, Golf
- Stephen Tita, St. John’s University, D1, Lacrosse
- Mark Romanowski, Princeton University, D1, Soccer
- Michaela Lynch, George Washington University, D1 Lacrosse
- Gerard Mahoney, Lafayette College, D1 Lacrosse
- Liz Hoeffner, Binghamton University, D1 Lacrosse
- Connor Daly, Manhattanville College, D3 Lacrosse
- Matthew Berry, Binghamton University, D1 Lacrosse
- Jonathan Firestone, Oberlin College, D3 Lacrosse
- Kirsten Carr, Savannah College of Art & Design, D3 Lacrosse
- Allie Glass, Muhlenberg, D3 Volleyball