A public work session of the Rockville Centre Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 22, in the board room of the district office at 6 p.m., at which time the board is expected to immediately retire into executive session.
At 7:30 p.m., the board will reconvene in public session in the South Side High School auditorium.
Here's the agenda for Tuesday night's public work session:
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND EMERGENCY EVACUATION PROCEDURES
A. Regular Meeting - Dec. 11, 2012
IV. APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS
Dec. 1-21, 2012
- General Fund $2,341,012.19
- Cafeteria Fund $20,584.34
- Special Aid Fund $88,718.18
- Capital Fund $58,478.88
- Trust & Agency $976,901.81
- Library Fund $285,888.17
Jan. 1-15, 2013
- General Fund $1,459,910.67
- Cafeteria Fund $17,667.36
- Special Aid Fund $68,853.60
- Capital Fund $630.00
- Trust & Agency $18,569.76
- Library Fund $265,336.17
- Scholarships $12,399.28
- Cash Disburse $31,875.00
B. Treasurer's Report
Approval of the Treasurer’s Report for the months of November and December 2012.
V. RECEIPT OF FINANCIAL REPORTS
A. Financial Reports
a. Appropriations Status Reports - December 2012
b. Revenue Status Reports - December 2012
c. Budget Transfers - December 2012
d. Extraclassroom Activity Fund:
- South Side High School - November 2012
- South Side Middle School H November 2012
e. Cash Flow Report - November and December 2012
f. Trial Balance Report - November and December 2012
g. Internal Audit Status Report - No Activity
h. Claims Audit Report - Dec 20-31, 2012 and Jan 1-15, 2013
i. Fund Balance Report - No Activity
j. GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation Report - No Activity
VI. ACCEPTANCE OF GIFTS
A. Acceptance of the following Gifts
- $2,000 from Atlantic Philanthropies to Center Stage Drama Club at South Side High School.
- Email from District resident dated Nov. 27 regarding a request for a South Side High School boys’ swim team
- Six emails from district residents regarding the school improvement bond
- Three emails from district residents regarding school safety
- Email from parents of Hurricane Sandy displaced student dated Jan. 7
VIII. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
IX. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
A. School Improvement Bond
X. OPPORTUNITY FOR SUPERINTENDENT
XI. OPPORTUNITY FOR BOARD MEMBERS
XII. OPPORTUNITY FOR VISITORS
The public, in its comments, is requested to refrain from making any direct references to students or staff members that could be considered critical of their performance or their character. Such references to individual students or staff members are inappropriate in a public forum and should instead be conducted in private conversation with appropriate members of the staff.
XIII. ITEMS FOR ACTION
A. Placement of Students
The Committee on Special Education recommends Board approval for
Case Numbers 495443, 369491786, 369495043, 369492305, 369495243, _
369493794, 369492352, 369492524, 369493646, 369495469, 369495396, 369492639, 369492222, 35041, 369491703, 369492933, 369494126, 369491997, 369493645, 369494083, 369494416, pursuant to Chapter 853 of the Laws of 1976.
B. Approval of the following Contracts
- Contract between LaSalle School and the Rockville Centre UFSD, for special education services pursuant to NYS Flow Through Law.
- Contract between Hebrew Academy and the Rockville Centre UFSD, for special education Services pursuant to NYS How Through Law.
- Contract between tho School for Language and Communications Development and the Rockville Centre UFSD, for special education services pursuant to NYS Flow Through Law.
- Contract between Harmony Heights and the Rockville Centre UFSD, for special education services pursuant to NYS Flow Through Law.
- Contract between United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County, lno. and the Rockville Centre UFSD, for special education services pursuant to NYS Flow Through Law.
C. Possible Resolution for Calling a Special District Meeting
D. Approval of Summer Program
In order to conduct the Summer Program, Board authorization is needed at this time. The Superintendent recommends a Summer Program that includes both academic support and enrichment, a portion of which will be contingent on either the passage of a 2013/2014 budget and/or a fiscal plan for which offsetting revenues will allow certain segments of the program to run at no cost to the taxpayer.
Approval of the Personnel Actions Report.
XIV. POSSIBLE EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Executive Session
Discussion of specific personnel, contractual, and litigation matters.