Here's a look back at Rockville Centre Village Board of Trustees meeting from Monday, Feb. 4.
Fire Chief Announces $60K in FEMA Reimbursements
Rockville Centre Fire Department Chief John Busching was on hand Monday night to announce that the fire department received $60,000 in FEMA reimbursement money.
"So you would say, 'Wow, that's great. So quickly after Sandy.' This is from the March 2010 storm," Busching said. "But we'll take what we can get."
Busching said that the money will be going into the department's equipment line.
"We're going to purchasing some potentially live-saving equipment with it," he said.
The first purchase will be a thermal imaging camera that can see through smoke and pick up heat signatures.
"If somebody was trapped in the fire and we couldn't physically see them, we could look through the viewport of this camera and pick you up and go and get you," Busching said.
The department is also looking to get an updated EKG monitor defibrillator. All of the expenses are at no cost to the village. The $60,000 comes from volunteer time out of the village.
Action Item Approval
The board approved the following items:
- Professional services contract with Wire to Water for electrical contractors for emergency labor and materials to repair well starters, motors and troubleshoot SCAD System at a cost of $30,000.
- FY2013 overdue real estate tax roll
- Professional services contract with the recreation center for the Bricks 4Kidz Lego Building Program at a cost of $20,000.
- Professional services contract with Duncan, Weinberg, Genzer & Pembroke, Susan Stohr and for NYAPP related work and association administration in the amount of $70,000.
- Professional services contract with Island Computing and Networking for IT services deploying computer and network equipment as needed at a cost of $25,000.
- Resolution designating polling place and hours for the village election on June 18, 2013. The times will be from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. at the John A. Anderson Recreation Center on N. Long Beach Road.
- Resolution to publish a legal notice for a public hearing regarding the appeal of Village Taxi Service. A public hearing will be held on March 4.
The board approved the following bids:
- Tree trimming for electric department: The Harder Tree Service was approved for a total expenditure not to exceed $85,527.60.
- Cable and wiring for electric department: Champion Wire and Cable was approved for the first item at $5,040; Stuart C. Irby was approved for the second and third items at $5,430 and $3,898; and Arthur J. Hurley was approved for the fourth item at $12,400.
Schmeling Appointed Deputy Clerk-Treasurer
Mary Schmeling was appointed as the new deputy clerk-treasurer in place of Monica Farrell, who retired in December.
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 7:30 p.m. - Zoning Board Meeting
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 4-8 p.m. - Tax Grievance Night, Court Room
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7 p.m. - Planning Board Meeting
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, 7:30 p.m. - Zoning Board Meeting
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 6 p.m. - Board of Trustees Briefing Session
- Monday, March 4, 7 p.m. - Board of Trustees Meeting