.

UPDATED: House Fire on Lakeview Avenue

The home was also badly damaged in a 2011 fire.

Emergency responders were at the scene of a house fire on Lakeview Avenue Wednesday night.

According to trustee Ed Oppenheimer, at approximately 7:41 p.m., the Rockville Centre Fire Department received a call about a house fire at 82 Lakeview Ave.

After the fire was extinguished the Nassau County Fire Marshal was called in for an investigation, Oppenheimer said.

The occupants of the house were able to exit without injury on their own, Oppenheimer said.

Information on what started the fire or if there were any occupants were not immediately available, however, there was a fire at the same residence in September 2011.

The Rockville Centre Fire Department, directed by Chiefs John Busching, John Thorpe and Robert Seaman, was assisted at the scene by fire departments from Lynbrook and South Hempstead.

Follow Rockville Centre Patch on Facebook.

Frank December 20, 2012 at 04:34 PM
Odd... two fires a year apart...
Smelly December 20, 2012 at 04:56 PM
Sleepy cigarette smoker?
kevin December 20, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Information on what started the fire or if there were any occupants were not immediately available, however, there was a fire at this same residence in September 2011.?????The occupants of the house were able to exit without injury on their own, Oppenheimer said. all in same article...how about throwing some info on the cause of the first fire in, that must be available ????
Matthew Hogan December 20, 2012 at 05:32 PM
@kevin: There is a link to the story on last year's fire posted above where it reads "fire at the same residence in September 2011." The first paragraph of that link reads: "A fire inside a Lakeview Avenue home on Friday afternoon destroyed its interior, and preliminary investigations suggest a short circuit in a television may have started the blaze, officials said." Thanks for reaching out. -- Matthew Hogan Associate Regional Editor Nassau County
Matthew Hogan December 20, 2012 at 09:00 PM
Chief John Busching has told Patch that the cause of the fire was a Christmas tree. Read all about it here: http://patch.com/A-041y -- Matthew Hogan Associate Regional Editor Nassau County

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something