The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook, Malverne and Nassau County Police Departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
Trio Attacks Man at Lakeview Deli
Three Lakeview men were arrested Wednesday night for allegedly attacking another man at a local deli and stealing his phone.
According to detectives, a 30-year-old male victim was inside a delicatessen located at 1290 Woodfield Rd. on Jan. 2 when a verbal confrontation began shortly before 10 p.m. with Reginald Summers, 44, Terence Cunningham, 26, and Volney Milfort, 26. All three are Lakeview residents.
Summers allegedly grabbed the victim by the jacket and pulled him outside the store as Cunningham and Milfort followed. The victim removed his cell phone to call police when Summers punched him in the face and about the head knocking him to the ground, report police.
Summers then allegedly grabbed the cell phone from the victim’s hand and all three suspects went back inside the delicatessen. When they exited the store, Summers threw the cell phone at the victim.
Fourth Precinct police officers arrived and after an investigation, the three were taken into custody. A Nassau County Police Ambulance responded and the victim was treated at the scene for an abrasion to his right eye, and contusions and swelling to the back of his head.
The suspects were all charged with second-degree robbery and were arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead on Thursday.
Two Baldwin men were arrested after they allegedly tried to break into multiple homes in Merrick Saturday morning, police said.
According to detectives, Eric Bailey, 18, and Kyle McVea, 22, (pictured) were seen on the front porch of a Wynsum Avenue home by a witness. After police were called, they observed the individuals at the intersection of Wynsum Avenue and Elliot Street.
After an investigation, cops discovered that the two men allegedly attempted to break into two other homes on Wynsum Avenue, as well as a home on Narwood Court, Hewlett Avenue and Mansfield Avenue. They were arrested just after 11 a.m.
No proceeds were reported taken at any of the homes, police added.
Bailey and McVea were charged with six counts of second-degree attempted burglary and their arraignment is scheduled for Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.
- Francisco A. Flores, 33, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Dec. 27 at 5 a.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation (two counts) and unsafe lane change on Peninsula Boulevard in Lynbrook.
- Lon V. Carey, 32, of Roosevelt, was arrested on Dec. 27 at 10:40 a.m. and charged with assault at the Lynbrook Police Department Headquarters located at 1 Columbus Drive.
- Stephen V. Hampton, 21, of Inwood, was arrested on Dec. 27 at 7:07 p.m. and charged with leaving the scene of an auto accident, unlicensed operation and expired NYS inspection on Peninsula Boulevard in Lynbrook.
- Jennifer Y. Horning, 39, of Lynbrook, was arrested on Dec. 28 at 10:20 p.m. and charged with assault and criminal mischief on Bixley Heath in Lynbrook.
- Jose M. Acevedo, 42, of Lynbrook, was arrested on Dec. 28 at 10:18 p.m. and charged with assault on Bixley Heath in Lynbrook.