The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook, Malverne and Nassau County Police Departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
A man attempted to get an 11-year-old girl to get into his van early Monday morning in Baldwin.
According to Nassau County detectives, around 8:20 a.m, an 11-year-old female was approached by an unknown Hispanic or possibly black male suspect in the vicinity of Central Avenue and Clinton Place. The suspect attempted to persuade the victim to accompany him.
The suspect is described to be about 35 to 40 years old, with bushy eyebrows, a birthmark or mole next to his right eye and hair on his chin. The suspect was operating a white colored van with damage to the passenger side door and was last observed northbound on Central Avenue.
Detectives are requesting anyone with information regarding this incident to contact the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All calls are confidential and all callers will remain anonymous.
Man Flashes 14-Year-Old Girl in Lynbrook
A 14-year-old girl reported on Oct. 8 at 2:45 p.m. that while riding her bicycle southbound on Union Avenue in Lynbrook with her friend, another 14-year-old female, they stopped for a red light at Scranton Avenue. The two girls then observed a dark blue sedan, about 5-10 years old, westbound on Scranton Avenue being operated by a white male, Lynbrook Police said.
The suspect then stopped at a green traffic light and waved to the two girls to cross the street, police said. The complainant and her friend then continued southbound to Marion Street and then toward Dean Street.
As the complainant continued riding her bicycle, with her friend about 50 feet in front of her, the same dark blue sedan drove past her and stopped in the middle of the street, police said. As she attempted to pass the car, the driver engaged her in conversation at which time he exposed himself to the girl. The suspect then continued eastbound on Marion Street.
The suspect is described as a white male, about 25 years old, 5-foot-9 tall, 150 pounds, thin build, black crew cut hair with light complexion and was wearing a red baseball cap.
Victim Held at Gunpoint in Lynbrook
At 11 p.m. on Oct. 4, a complainant reported that while standing outside of the Express Food Mart, located at 1710 Rockaway Ave. in Lynbrook, he allegedly observed Malik A. Crowl, 23, aka "Seymour," of Inwood, with whom he had a prior altercation. The victim, who was in fear of Crowl, asked one of his friends to call the police, Lynbrook Police said.
Crowl allegedly approached the victim and, while acting in concert with Randy U. Scott, 19, of Inwood, Stamey Holland, 20, of Inwood, and Kortney Kahn, 19, of Long Beach, forced the victim into their car, police said.
During this incident, Scott reportedly produced a handgun and pointed it at the victim. The victim was placed in the rear seat of a BMW, with North Carolina registration BCV-8587, which left westbound on Rockaway into Valley Stream, police said.
According to police, upon arrival of the Lynbrook Police, a radio notification was given to the Nassau County Police advising of the vehicle’s description and last known direction of travel.
While in the vehicle, the victim was allegedly assaulted and robbed by Scott, Holland and Kahn while Crowl drove the vehicle, police said. The vehicle was then observed by Nassau County Police and stopped at Mill Road and Roosevelt Street in Valley Stream at which time the suspects were placed under arrest.
A Colt 9MM handgun was recovered on Roosevelt Street, where it had been thrown out of the passenger window of the BMW, police said.
- Michael J Diresta, 50, of Rockaway, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 2:05 p.m. and charged with two open warrants for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation (four counts), Uninsured Motor Vehicle and Headlight equipment violation on Broadway in Lynbrook.
- Randy U. Scott, 19, of Inwood, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery, Attempted Robbery and Possession of a Weapon on Mill Road in Valley Stream.
- Stamey Holland, 20, of Inwood, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery (two counts) and Criminal Contempt on Mill Road in Valley Stream
- Malik A. Crowl, 23, of Inwood, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery, Attempted Robbery and Possession of a Weapon on Mill Road in Valley Stream.
- Kortney Kahn, 19, of Long Beach, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery (2counts) and False Personation on Mill Road in Valley Stream.
- Said M. Beydoun, 29 of Ozone Park, was arrested on Oct. 5 at 11:58 p.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (Heroin) and Criminal Possession of a Hypodermic Instrument on Broadway in Lynbrook.
- Steven R. Azcona, 26, of Westbury, was arrested on Oct. 6 at 10:02 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Unsecured License Plate on Peninsula Boulevard in Lynbrook.
- Dorel Nicolae Sabo, 36, an undocumented Hungarian National, was arrested on Oct. 7 at 1:20 p.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of Forgery Devices on Broadway in Lynbrook..
- Dan Florian Rus, 40, an undocumented Romanian National, was arrested on Oct. 7 at 1:20 p.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of Forgery Devices on Broadway in Lynbrook..
- Christopher Goldman, 51, of East Rockaway, was arrested on Oct. 9 at 6:06 p.m. and charged with Criminal Obstruction of Breathing and Assault on Merrick Road in Lynbrook..
- A complainant reported on Oct. 9 at 7:25 a.m. that an unknown person(s) removed their 2008 Audi, A4, which was parked in the east side parking area of 108 Atlantic Ave. in Lynbrook. The vehicle is valued at $19,000.
- At 9:38 a.m. on Oct. 9, a complainant reported that an unknown person(s) removed assorted gold jewelry from their residence on Washington Avenue in Lynbrook. The jewelry is valued at $6,100.