The following information was supplied by the . A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
Crimes in Lynbrook
- Terry Brooks, 46, of Jamaica, N.Y., was arrested on Aug. 23 and charged with Petit Larceny, which occurred at Rite Aid on Sunrise Highway.
- Duran Parkin, 27, of Freeport, was arrested on Aug. 23 and charged with second-degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle and Unlawful Use of a Cellular Phone while operating a vehicle on Sunrise Highway.
- Kader Coulibaly, 20, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Aug. 24 and charged with Possession of Marijuana, which occurred on Taft Avenue.
- On Aug. 2 a 2011 Cadillac Escalade was broken into while parked in the lot next to Sporttime, and a credit card and Rolex watch (valued at $5,000) were removed.
- On Aug. 2 a pocketbook and wallet were taken from house on Union Avenue. After the alleged suspect was arrested, the complainant no longer wished to pursue charges.
- On Aug. 8 and on Aug. 9, a complainant alleges unknown persons entered a storage lot at Merrick Road and Wilbur Street and stole four Aluminum BMW rims and tires valued at $7,200.
- On Aug. 14 several items of assorted gold jewelry, with a combined total value of $24,300, were taken from a home on Chestnut Street.
- On Aug. 2 a complainant from 44 Merrick Road reported a sprinkler head was damaged by a skateboarder. Video reveals that the male suspect is between 11-13 years of age. Damage is valued at $100.
- On Aug. 4 at 539 Merrick Rd. $1,000 cash and a Playstation 3 valued at $300 were removed from the store.
- On Aug. 17 at 82 Broadway a meat slicer, valued at $500, was taken from the deli.
- On Aug. 7 at the LIRR station in Lynbrook a chained, 20” Men’s Diamondback Bicycle valued at $325 was taken from a bike rack.
- On Aug. 23, a complainant on Palisade Avenue reports that green snow blower, valued at $500, had been taken from an attached garage.
- On Aug. 20, a complainant on Waterview Place reports that he was notified by his bank that $4,282 in charges to his debit card had been made without his knowledge.