The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook, Malverne and Nassau County Police Departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
Lynbrook Police arrested three people last Tuesday at the Capri Motor Inn for prostitution including one Lynbrook resident.
Cosette N. Simpkins, 19, of Flatbush, and Rahkiya J. Dumas, 22, of Lynbrook, were both arrested on Jan. 29 at 10:15 p.m. at the motel, located at 5 Freer St., and charged with Prostitution.
Cops also arrested Michael D. Kielawa, 24, of Valley Stream, at the same time, charging him with two counts of Patronizing a Prostitute and Criminal Possession of Marijuana.
The Capri has become a hotbed for crime in recent years. Last month, two Queens residents were arrested here also. Kenson A. Hunte, 30, of Queens Village, was charged with Criminal Possession of Stolen Property, and Tiana S. Boer, 22, of Springfield Gardens, was charged with two counts of False Personation and an open warrant for Prostitution, Escape and Dangerous Drugs.
In 2012, a dozen people were arrested at the Capri for various crimes including prostitution, drug possession, assault, stolen property and open warrants for robbery and petit larceny, according to an analysis of Lynbrook crime reports.
The motel was also the site of an armed robbery in July 2011 when a gunman forced a 24-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman into one of the inn's rooms at gunpoint, and stole their laptop and cell phones.
Also, in August 2011, the Capri made headlines again when Tara Driscoll, a 33-year-old teacher from Bay Shore, was arrested and charged with raping a 16-year-old male student inside the motel. Driscoll later pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct after she admitted to having sexual relations with the teen inside the motor inn.
- Renato D. Lamarre, 30, of West Hempstead, was arrested on Jan. 28 at 10:47 p.m. and charged with Assault and Criminal Obstruction of Breathing on Hempstead Avenue in Lynbrook.
- Jennifer Beehary, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Jan. 29 at 5:35 a.m. and charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana on Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook.
- Alex Adjoda, 22, of Winter Garden, Fl., was arrested on Jan. 30 at 12:29 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Tinted Windows on Merrick Road in Lynbrook.
- Meiying Cao, 50, of Flushing, was arrested on Jan. 30 at 8:15 p.m. and charged with Unauthorized Practice at 414 Sunrise Highway. Cao, while employed as a massage therapist at Mariposa Nail and Spa in Lynbrook, allegedly performed a massage without being licensed by the State of New York.
- At 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 29, a Lynbrook complainant reported that while attempting to sell a trailer on Craigslist they were contacted by a buyer, who stated that she lived in Florida, and agreed to buy the trailer. The complainant stated that they received a check from the female for the trailer and shipping costs. The buyer asked the complainant to send $976 to a third party for the shipping. The complainant sent the money via Western Union but was later notified by their bank that the buyer's check was fraudulent.