The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook, Malverne and Nassau County Police Departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
Armed Robbers Hit East Rockaway Dry Cleaner
Police are still searching for two suspects that robbed Paul's Dry Cleaner at gunpoint in East Rockaway Monday evening.
According to detectives, around 5:48 p.m., two suspects entered Paul’s Dry Cleaner, located at 432 Atlantic Ave., and approached a 45-year-old employee.
The first suspect pulled out a small black revolver and demanded the victim open the cash register, police said. The employee complied and the second suspect removed an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspects fled on foot northbound on Atlantic Avenue, police said.
There were three employees and no customers in the store at the time of the incident. No injuries were reported.
The first suspect is described to be approximately 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds, wearing a black-hooded bubble jacket, blue jeans and black sneakers.
The second suspect is described to be approximately 5-foot-9 inches tall, 190 pounds, wearing a black-hooded bubble jacket, blue jeans and black sneakers.
According to police, both suspects were wearing white bandannas that covered their faces.
Detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
- Jose A. Castellon, 29, of West Hempstead, was arrested on Jan. 14 at 11:30 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Harassment at Lynbrook Police Department Headquarters.
- Craig C. White, 42, of Amityville, was arrested on Jan. 15 at 10:07 a.m. and charged with an open warrant for Disorderly Conduct at Lynbrook Police Department Headquarters.
- Alexander C. Rivero, 19, of Valley Stream, was arrested on On Jan. 16 at 9:10 p.m. and charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana on Piccadilly Downs in Lynbrook.
- Elias Haniotis, 31, of Barto, Penn. was arrested on Jan. 17 at 10:33 a.m. and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Tinted Windows on Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook.
- Tiana S. Boer, 22, of Springfield Gardens, was arrested on Jan. 17 at 8:07 p.m. and charged with two counts False Personation and an open warrant for Prostitution, Escape and Dangerous Drugs at the Lynbrook Capri Motor Inn located at 5 Freer St. in Lynbrook.
- A complainant at Phoenix Beverages (2 Atlantic Ave., Brooklyn) reports at 4:50 p.m. on Jan. 11 that while making a delivery to Wine and Liquor Mart, located at 393 Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook, an unknown person(s) removed their Ryder Rental Truck. The truck, a 2005 Isuzu, which was parked in municipal parking field No. 12, is valued at $17,500 and the truck contained 209 bottles of assorted liquor valued at $15,310.92.
- At 4:35 p.m. on Jan. 16, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) removed assorted jewelry from their Union Avenue residence in Lynbrook. The jewelry, valued at $31,356.64, was taken somtime between Dec. 17 and Jan. 16.
- A complainant reports at 2:40 p.m. onJan. 18 that an unknown person(s) stole their Apple iPhone, which was on their desk at their place of employment, All Metro Health Care, located at 50 Broadway in Lynbrook. The value of the phone is $600.
- A complainant reports at 12:50 p.m. on Jan. 21 that an unknown person(s) stole their Apple iPhone, which was on the counter at their place of employment, Cold Stone Creamery, located at 6 Broadway in Lynbrook. The value of the phone is $800.
- At 7:31 p.m. on Jan. 20, a complainant reports that while sitting at a table at White Castle, located at 490 Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook, their wallet, which contained $250, was removed from the table by an acquaintance without the complainant’s permission. The Lynbrook Police Detective Division is currently investigating the larceny.
Grand Larceny/Criminal Mischief
- At 1:35 p.m. on Jan. 20, the owner of Merrick Road Collision, located at 214 Merrick Road in Lynbrook, reports that an unknown person(s) cut a chain link fence and removed six assorted tires and rims from their storage area. The value of the tires and rims is $1,450 and the value of the fence is $200.