- The South Side Lady Cyclones girls soccer team claimed their 24th Long Island championship Tuesday night with a dramatic 1-0 win in penalty kicks over Suffolk champion Islip. Click here for the story and video of the game-winning save by South Side goalie Sarah McCarthy.
- The South Side girls volleyball team did not fare as well Tuesday night, as they were swept by the now three-time defending champions Kings Park Lady Kingsmen. The season was still a success for the Lady Cyclones, who beat three-time defending Nassau County champion Wantagh to claim the Nassau title Sunday night.
- A Rockville Centre man was arrested Tuesday afternoon in connection with a West Hempstead bank robbery earlier in the day. Click here for the entire story.
- There will be multiple fundraisers and food drives in Rockville Centre this week. Come back at 8 a.m. for information on a fundraiser a Sportset and at 2 p.m. for a special cancer fundraiser at St. Agnes.
- For the small percentage of RVC residents covered by LIPA, the company's Chief Operating Officer Michael Hervey has resigned, effective the end of 2012.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something