Find out what's going on in and around the village today.
- The South Side Lady Cyclones girls soccer team claimed their 24th Long Island championship Tuesday night with a dramatic 1-0 win in penalty kicks over Suffolk champion Islip. Click here for the story and video of the game-winning save by South Side goalie Sarah McCarthy.
- The South Side girls volleyball team did not fare as well Tuesday night, as they were swept by the now three-time defending champions Kings Park Lady Kingsmen. The season was still a success for the Lady Cyclones, who beat three-time defending Nassau County champion Wantagh to claim the Nassau title Sunday night.
- A Rockville Centre man was arrested Tuesday afternoon in connection with a West Hempstead bank robbery earlier in the day. Click here for the entire story.
- There will be multiple fundraisers and food drives in Rockville Centre this week. Come back at 8 a.m. for information on a fundraiser a Sportset and at 2 p.m. for a special cancer fundraiser at St. Agnes.
- For the small percentage of RVC residents covered by LIPA, the company's Chief Operating Officer Michael Hervey has resigned, effective the end of 2012.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now