- 84-Year-Old RVC Resident Fatally Struck on Merrick Road: Rockville Centre resident Juan Galdos, 84, was struck and killed by a car on the morning of Thursday, Jan. 24 on Merrick Road in Rockville Centre.
- Roxen Road Defendants Enter Not Guilty Pleas as New Charges Arise: The Roxen Road assault case took another turn in Nassau County First District Court early in January. All five defendants were charged with assault with intent to cause physical injury, a misdemeanor, and assault with intent to cause physical injury with a weapon, a felony, in addition to the original charge of second-degree gang assault. The defendants pleaded not guilty to all charges.
- 2012 in Review: 10 Priciest Home Sales in RVC: A listing of the most expensive homes sold during 2012 in the village.
- Prostitution Arrest Made at Oceanside Acupuncture Establishment: Two Queens women were arrested in Oceanside on the afternoon of Jan. 29 after a police investigation revealed both women were practicing massage therapy without a license. One woman was also charged with prostitution after police said she offered to engage in a sexual act for an undisclosed amount of money.
- Oceanside Family Seeking Financial Help After Carbon Monoxide Death: An Oceanside family was devastated after Hurricane Sandy when a son and daughter, 22 and 19, lost their mother due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The family is still seeking financial aid and support more than three months after the storm.