Thank you to Carol Kur from Personal Training Institute in Rockville Centre for this useful information:
Hope everyone out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. Even those of you going into the big Thanksgiving meal with the best intentions to stay focused and watch your portions, may have spent the week, not just the meal, eating more than your calorie budget allows.
Here are some tips to lose that extra weight you may have gained.
- Don't Get Frustrated! Be kind to yourself!
- Rewrite your goals and keep them where you can see them each day.
- Be realistic, one to two pounds a week of weight loss is the healthy way to go.
- Stick to your current exercise plan, but add 30 extra minutes of cardio a day.
- Spike your meals with salsa, spicy foods equal more calories burned
- Go easy on the alcohol, or avoid it all together
- Write positive notes to yourself on how well you are doing.
- Don't just eat, sit down and dine.
- Up your protein.
- Spend the next couple of weeks actually measuring your portions.
- Drink more water than usual, try to get in 64 ounces a day.
- Eat six small meals throughout the day and never let yourself get hungry.
- Fill your plate with 2/3 vegetables and 1/3 protein.
- Make weekly resolutions you can stick to.
- Build in splurges, pick one meal a week and eat your one favorite thing